[Wolves] Fwd: Wave security on mstata drive

Mark Croft Redditch Linux Mint mark.croft.lug at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 20:04:46 UTC 2022

ite shame i did not read this correctly my dyslexia bad. anyway not
your fault.. i sent the laptop back to the owner with new msata drive
in it.. he was ok in the end to pay £45 for a new drive(which seems a
lot too me) but i guess he wants a working laptop and that fixed the
issue anda fresh install of windows 10 on it , he could not believe
how fast windows 10 should be.. also upgrades it too 12gb of memory ,
extra 8gb simm from cex.. he just said what ever it takes to get
running at good spend he was ok with..

i have tried that util but can't work out how it works with external
usb caddy for msata card. i got this one from ebay..

i am in the jisti meeting now if you free.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/384862284041?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=qyqxow4nsaw&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=wO7DrueFTsK&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=WHATS_APP

he brought me this one a few months ago but i can't get this one too
work ( he did not ask me what to buy just brought me a random thing to
do with msata off ebay)
**ebay sata**
3 in 1 Msata PCIE M.2 NGFF NVME SATA SSD to PCI-E 4X SATA3 Apapter
Computer Expansion Cards for 2280 2260 2242 2230mm
Feature:
1. Supports PCIE M.2 SSD (NVME or AHCI, Key-M), PCIE 3.0 X4 32 Gbps
bandwidth, apply to 2280/2260/2242/2230mm. (7.48/7.41/7.36/7.31ft)
2. Supports SATA-based M.2 SSD (Key-B/B+M), SATA 6 Gbps bandwidth,
apply to 2280/2260/2242/2230mm. (7.48/7.41/7.36/7.31ft)
3. Supports mSATA, 30x50mm, SATA 6 Gbps bandwidth.
4. 3 channel SSD read/write LED indicator.
6. Supports PCIe 2.0, 3.0 and PCIe 4.0 motherboard.
7. Supports 3 SSDs (M.2 PCIE-based SSDs, M.2 SATA-based SSDs and mSATA
SSD) to work simultaneously.
8. NVME M.2 SSD to PCIE 3.0x4 (32Gbps), no need to use SATA cable to
connect to the PC.
9. When working with SATA M.2 to SATA III (6Gbps) and mSATA to SATA
III (6Gbps), a SATA cable is required to connect the motherboard. (The
product already contains 2 SATA cables)
10. This adapter is compatible for PCI-E 4X, 8X, 16X, but the speed
only PCI-E 4X.

Specifications:
Package size: 183x120x20mm/7.20x4.72x0.79in

Notes:
Please allow 1-3mm differs due to manual measurement.
Due to the different display and different light, the picture may not
show the actual color of the item. Thanks for your understanding.
Included:
1 X SSD Adapter Card
2 X High/Low Profile Bracket
1 X MiniCard Extender Bracket
2 X SATA Cable
1 X Screwdriver
1 X Screw Kit
Pictures
***END**
it not listed anymore..

should i be buying something like pci-e card for my tower computer to
get too this low level stuff 'PSID revert,@

mark