[Wolves] OFT : anyone got a spare server rack mounted

Mark Croft Redditch Linux Mint mark.croft.lug at gmail.com
Sat Jun 3 10:28:16 UTC 2023

Can I install linux on this..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125951341053?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=d4IVRfruQeC&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=wO7DrueFTsK&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=FB_MSG

HP DL360 Gen9 Xeon E5-2620 v4 2.1Ghz 32Gb RAM 2x 146Gb 3x 900Gb SERVER

N get it too format all the drives with d b a n one at time or two at time?

Darik's Boot and Nuke, also known as DBAN /ˈdiːbæn/, is a free and
open-source project hosted on SourceForge.[2] The program is designed to
securely erase a hard disk until its data is permanently removed and no
longer recoverable, which is achieved by overwriting the data with
pseudorandom numbers generated by Mersenne Twister or ISAAC. The Gutmann
method, Quick Erase, DoD Short (3 passes), and DOD 5220.22-M (7 passes) are
also included as options to handle data remanence. DBAN can be booted from
a CD, DVD, USB flash drive or diskless using a Preboot Execution
Environment. It is based on Linux and supports PATA (IDE), SCSI and SATA
hard drives. DBAN can be configured to automatically wipe every hard disk
that it sees on a system or entire network of systems, making it very
useful for unattended data destruction scenarios. DBAN exists for x86
systems.[3]