[Wolves] Usable Windows SSH clients

Simon Burke simon at samandsimon.co.uk
Tue Oct 24 14:50:36 UTC 2023

Hi,

So at day job, I am seeing putty is predominantly being used in best cases,
and a remote Xterm via an openssh Tunnel and a local X server at its
most contrived.

I don't have anything in particular against Putty, but for managing any
more than a couple connections, I just feel like its not the best tool

Can you kind people kindly suggest a decent (yet simple) product that I
could hopefully roll out to replace putty? If it support sftp too that
would be of great benefit.

I personally use WSL and Windows Terminal (my work laptop is nothing more
than a jumpbox these days). I have used SecureCRT and liked it back in the
day, but it's been a long.. time.  Some devs are using mobaxterm, which
works for them, but its on a subscription model AFAIK.

Anyway, any suggestions?

Thanks.