[Wylug-admin] Re: no paul

Dave Fisher davef at davefisher.co.uk
Sun Jan 13 15:27:32 UTC 2008

On Sat, Jan 12, 2008 at 12:24:53PM +0000, John Leach wrote:
> According to his vacation message, Paul is away, so no talk from him.

Hi John,

We really have got problems.

Not only have we got no speaker, but we may also have no-one to open up
the room.

Jim (Cc'd) said he might be able to do it, but didn't want to commit
to it, because he has other people to look after.

Mark Conmy (also Cc'd) said he could possibly open up, but it's not
really his job and it's a bit unfair to ask him to do it again.

I've also Cc'd the wylug-admin list, so other stalwarts know what's up.

Unfortunately, I've got to work in London, so I won't be able to make it
to the meeting either ... and I have just left my mobile phone in
Ireland, so I'll be difficult to reach.

I'll try to check in with email as often as possible. You might also be
able to reach me at Itrain in London (Switchboard 0207 608 1835), but
only at break time (11.00 - 11.15, 12.45 - 13.30, 15.00 - 15.15).

If we can't get confirmations from Jim or Mark by lunchtime on Monday,
I'd suggest we cancel, inviting people to go straight to the pub from
8.00pm onwards.

Even if we can open up, the absence of a speaker may mean a swift
departure to the pub anyway.

Given the delay on wylug-announce, me or Jim will have to send that message.

Dave