[Wylug-admin] re. WYLUG.... Dave Fisher Re-appears

Dave Fisher davef at davefisher.co.uk
Mon Apr 21 10:19:39 UTC 2008

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 10:04:49AM +0100, Mark P. Conmy wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Apr 2008, Jim Jackson wrote:
> >
> >Does anyone know if Dave is actually around and contactable?
>
> Haven't heard from him in weeks...

Me neither ;-)

Seriously, though, you can reach me on 0113 234 4611.

I've been even more difficult to reach than usual, for the following
reasons:

  1. I've spent most of the time working in Ireland (roaming charges
     make casual phone/email contact cumbersome)

  2. Pipex completely disconnected my home ADSL at the exchange (not my
     fault, it was because the details they kept about me were 5 years
     out of date ... hence, no direct debits, and warning messages sent
     to my former work email address)

   3. It seems to take weeks to get re-connected once your details are
      deleted from the exchange.

   4. My actual email mailbiox is so spam-flooded that I simply can't
      manage it over a dial-up line.

This is all on top of a work regime that is extremely unconducive to
temporally and geographically fixed activities like WYLUG.

I think that the time has come for someone to else to take on the
responsiblity that I've been trying to pass on for nearly three years
now.

Dave