[Wylug-admin] Organizing WYLUG

James Holden wylug at jamesholden.net
Sun May 4 10:55:42 UTC 2008

On Sat, May 03, 2008 at 07:30:21PM +0100, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> One thing to be aware of is that there are now several other groups
> within Leeds and environs that have overlapping areas of interest with
> Wylug - for example:-
> 	- GeekUp
> 	- Leeds.pm (really still in startup mode)
>
> It may be that a degree of inter-group co-operation could be helpful
> on all sides - especially in terms of talk reuse...

Wholeheartedly agree.

I've been involved with Geekup on and off over the last year. There's
just enough overlap to benefit both groups without being essentially the
same thing.

Geekup is usually around the 15-20th of the month, whereas WYLUG is
between the 7th and 14th.

If we manage to get organised enough and have talks already confirmed, I
can do a quick announcement at Geekup.

James