[Wylug-admin] Organizing WYLUG - techiness

John Leach john at johnleach.co.uk
Sun May 4 12:13:14 UTC 2008

> On Sat, 2008-05-03 at 19:30 +0100, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> One thing to be aware of is that there are now several other groups
> within Leeds and environs that have overlapping areas of interest with
> Wylug - for example:-
> 	- GeekUp
> 	- Leeds.pm (really still in startup mode)
>
> It may be that a degree of inter-group co-operation could be helpful
> on all sides - especially in terms of talk reuse...

Yes, absolutely.

My feeling is that WYLUG is a lot more techie than GeekUp (Louisa refers
to WYLUG as GeekierUp :), that might be a good thing to play up.  Also,
GeekUp does also appear to be very web-development focused.

Though this may also be a problem - I'm not sure what WYLUG's "target
market" is.  As I understood the idea was to have two talks each
meeting, one techier than the other, though I feel things have generally
been out of reach of "newbies".  Not sure if this needs to change.

Further discussion is necessary perhaps as it will no doubt effect the
speakers we go in search for.

John.