[Wylug-admin] Getting next Monday's talk on the blog

Louisa Parry louisa at louisaparry.co.uk
Sun May 4 15:12:45 UTC 2008

Hi all,

Sorry about my delay in getting involved - hired my first employee this
week so it's been rather busy getting that all sorted (but obviously
pretty exciting too ;) ) - so I've not been able to jump on the Admin
list before today.

Re: blog.  Thanks to Dave for giving me admin access to WP.  I'm happy
to give other people admin access too (James? John? Jim?) if they want
it to make sure there are plenty of us with access to all the necessary
permissions - just sign up in the usual way (Meta > Register) and I'll
change your role.  Thanks to James for volunteering to manage it from
the techy side too.

As Jim requested the other day, I'd like to get something up there about
next Monday's talk ASAP - so I guess we need to make a decision whether
it'll just be a social at the pub again or whether we can get a talk
organised.

I like the idea of a talk to show everyone it's business as usual.
James' idea about Hardy Heron on the EeePC sounds good if he can get it
organised in time - I was going to suggest a short "what's new in
Hardy?" talk but that sounds better since it's more specific.

James - you ok to go with that?  If so, I'll get the details on the blog
so we can start promoting it.

And on a related note: from past experience, it seems like messages to
the announce list need to be authorised before they're sent out - who
can do this?  Anyone on the admin list or just specific people?  If it's
the latter, would be great to open it up a bit more widely to at least
some of us admin-newbies.

-louisa :)