[Wylug-admin] WYLUG DNS is orphaned - proposal to move it

John Leach john at johnleach.co.uk
Sat May 10 11:20:38 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-05-09 at 21:45 +0100, James Holden wrote:
> I've tried (and failed) to find who maintains the DNS zonefile for
> wylug.org.uk. Ian Kirk works for the current DNS host and has offered to
> send the zonefile over so we can host it somewhere we can actually get
> to it.
>
> So.... I propose to move the DNS over some new servers. I can host it on
> aql's DNS servers, which are in separate locations and networks and
> currently host several thousand domains for our legacy hosting customers.

If you move it we can do things with it - sounds good to me :)

I guess it does make you a single point of failure for changes though,
but I guess changes won't happen often.

Maybe you could document the new state on the wiki somewhere?  Maybe we
could come up with a "continuity plan" in the event of the proverbial
bus catching up with you or whatever and put that on the wiki too.

Thanks,

John.