[Wylug-admin] WYLUG Wordpress problem?

Dave Fisher davef at davefisher.co.uk
Tue Jun 17 11:07:07 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 05:15:41PM +0100, Louisa Parry wrote:
> Don't know who should be dealing with this - Dave? or will it be Mark? -
> but I've not been able to get into the Wordpress admin bit since Friday.
>
> I can get to the login page and apparently log in, but get a "page can't
> be retrieved" error when I'm redirected to
> http://www.wylug.org.uk/wp-admin/  (am pretty sure I'm using the correct
> user/pass combo - and testing another WP install, it wouldn't send me to
> wp-admin if I was getting those wrong anyway)
>
> Could someone else with an account (Dave? Geoff?) try to login and see
> if they have the same problem?

I'll try to do so, but can't do it right away, because the only place
I'm sure that I still have the password is on a redundant (canibalised)
machine, i.e. I'll have to reassemle the machine to do it.

Qef, could you try please?

> Any suggestions for fixes?

I vaguely remember having a similar problem before. I can't remember the
solution, but I do remember that it was something ridiculously trivial
... like ommitting www from the URL.

Dave