[Wylug-admin] New Venue Needed/Getting the site moved

Tom Hall thattommyhall at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 20:10:22 UTC 2008

Hi all,

After a brief private exchange with Mark we have decided to stop using
the University as a venue in future. I hope we still see Mark down at
future talks and am grateful for his continuing the arrangement for so
long after Jim and Dave stepped down.

Going forward, I propose:

* Move the site, who has the domain name etc? Volunteers?
* Announce the change of venue
* Make the Christmas meet a social, organise a meal somewhere.
Suggestions? I can sort that this week.
* Sort out a venue for Jan onwards, suggestions?
http://www.oldbroadcastinghouse.com could be a goer, we should set a
deadline of the Dec meet at the latest to have it in place. I will
call them tomorrow and see about pricing etc.

We will all need to all put some time into making sure WYLUG does not
lose momentum when we change venue, I am sure we can handle the
transition.

In the long term the most pressing thing is keeping a steady flow of
folk prepared to give talks, if anyone has suggestions of localish
people to contact, please update the wiki
http://wiki.wylug.org.uk/doku.php?id=talks:ideas

All the very best,
Tom