[Wylug-admin] Wordpress

Nigel Metheringham nigel.metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Mon May 11 15:40:51 UTC 2009

Reading the domain handling stuff more carefully, there are issues
with the hosted wordpress implementation....

They do domain handling by acting as the nameservers for the domain,
and they just serve up wordpress for the complete domain namespace.
This means that if we did that for wylug.org.uk we cannot then do
other things under wylug.org.uk or have email handled for it (the one
exception is that we can map mail onto google apps).

You can deal with this by mapping a subdomain instead.

This is all workable but we need to be aware of the restrictions
before being caught by them.

   http://support.wordpress.com/domain-mapping/
   http://support.wordpress.com/domain-mapping/domain-management/
   http://support.wordpress.com/domain-mapping/custom-email/