[Wylug-admin] OT: Geekup...

Phil Driscoll phil at dialsolutions.co.uk
Wed Jun 3 09:25:38 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 02 Jun 2009, Tom Hall wrote:
> Does anyone have any ideas for future speakers? I will email round but
> have mostly exhausted the volunteers I got at the beginning of the
> year.
I've just asked someone from Bytemark in York if they can give us a talk about
their KVM virtual hosting platform.

I'll also ask Ian Lynch from The Learning Machine if he'd like to give a talk
on Ingots (International Grades - Open Technologies). Ian came up to speak a
couple of years ago when he was education lead on te OpenOffice.org project.
His company has now become an Ofqual accredited examining body and his Ingots
courses now have GCSE points equivalence. More info at
http://theingots.org/community/en/about

Cheers
--
Phil Driscoll