[Wylug-announce] Next Meeting - Monday 8th May

Jim Jackson jj@scs.leeds.ac.uk
Fri, 28 Apr 2000 12:40:46 +0100 (BST)

Greetings all,

As previously commented on, the last meeting did eventually happen as
planned, despite Roger from SuSE being held up for hours on the M1. Roger
has sent me electronic versions of his presentation, and I hope to get
them on the Web over the week-end. Thanks also to Ben, for demo'ing vigor,
the version of the editor 'vi' with the attitudinal paper-clip, and to
Dave for the collection of April foolery, especially the obfuscated C
examples.

The Felon and Firkin had it's second visit for refreshment afterwards.
I assume that this venue is ok with people. If not then please debate on
wylug-discuss.

The Next Meeting - 8th May

The CODA file system  -  Owen LeBlanc from Manchester Computing Centre

Linux/Macintosh Integration - Peter Nix from the Dept. Fine Art, Leeds Uni.

Here are the future planned meetings and topics. We just may be in with a
chance of getting one of the main SAMBA developers to speak to us. He's
over from Australia later this year. More if anything concrete happens.

Meeting June 12th

Matthew John Palmer talking on "Networking Linux in the home"

Martyn Ranyard on SAMBA

Meeting 10th July

Possible Talk on Virutal Private Netowrks - VPNs

Meeting 14th August

Holiday period meeting. No speaker. Tea/Coffee and chat, impromtu stuff.

Future meetings

I need volunteers to do talks for future meetings.

That's it.

All the best
Jim

                West Yorkshire Linux Users Group  (WYLUG)

             Meetings are free and open to anyone to attend.

                       7 pm  Monday 8th May 2000
                        (6:30pm for coffee/tea)

        Presentations:

                          The CODA File System
                             Owen Le Blanc
                      Manchester Computing Centre

                      Linux/Macintosh Integration
                               Peter Nix
                 Dept. of Fine Art, University of Leeds

        WYLUG Venue:  Active Learning Lab.,  (Level 7, near staircase 2)
                      E.C. Stoner Building   (aka Physics/Admin)
                      University of Leeds
                      Woodhouse Lane
                      Leeds UK

             for location of Leeds University & Campus Map see
                http://www.leeds.ac.uk/campus/location-maps.html
                http://www.leeds.ac.uk/campus/physa-1.html
                http://www.leeds.ac.uk/campus/campusmap.html

        General Discussion:

                LINUX  -  News, Views, Question and, hopefully, Answers

                WYLUG  -  what, who, when (and why :-)
                 Especially what happens at future meetings!

          followed by beer at the Felon and Firkin, George Street

WYLUG - West Yorkshire Linux User Group     Secretary: jj@scs.leeds.ac.uk
http://www.wylug.lug.org.uk     email lists: http://list.wylug.lug.org.uk