[Wylug-announce] New Sheffield Linux User's Group List

Richard r.ibbotson@zetnet.co.uk
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 11:22:18 +0100

Hello

	I've had an e-mail chat with Jim and he thinks that this is the
appropriate list to send this announcement to.  So here goes...

Our new list is in action.  For more info see....

http://www.sheflug.co.uk/mail_archive.html
http://www.sheflug.co.uk/mail_faq.html

Well, recent late nights have now paid off.  We have a new
discussion list which is working and ready to receive your mail.  To
send mail to the list send it to

<sheflug@vuw.ac.nz>

Please start to send mail right away.  I will close the old list next
Friday or at the weekend.  You should be subscribed to the new list
already.  Here are some useful instructions which you should print
out for future reference.

To subscribe to the new Sheflug discussion list send a request to

<sheflug-request@vuw.ac.nz>

with "subscribe" in the body of the message.  To unsubscribe from the
new Sheflug discussion list send a request to

<sheflug-request@vuw.ac.nz>

with "unsubscribe" in the body of the message.  If you have a problem
like a bounce  (for example) or you receive multiple copies of an e-
mail send a description of your problem to sheflug-admins@vuw.ac.nz.
The list admins will sort it out for you.

 You are already subscribed to the new list.  If you find that you
are not then please use the above instructions to sort out your
problem ?

If you're going on holiday and wish to suspend your list
subscription, send a message to <sheflug-request@vuw.ac.nz> with the
following command in the body of the message

set vacation

To continue receiving messages from the list, send the command:

unset vacation

to <sheflug-request@vuw.ac.nz>

Many thanks should go to the following people.  They can accept beer,
wine or dollar bills ?  Pieter Meiring at Sheffield University for
providing us with a new archive (not yet finished but very good).
Richard Stephenson (in New Zealand) for having the foresight to think
that Sheffield Linux User's Group could become an international
project.   He is the other list admin and he set up the mail server
at the University of Wellington.  See....  http://www.vuw.ac.nz for
more info. And last but quite definitely not least Alistair Donlon
who downloaded the old archive for us so that we could move it to
it's new home (which I will reveal later).

I spent a few late nights putting this together so I hope you enjoy
the new list ?

Have fun !!

HTH ?

Richard