[Wylug-announce] ShefLUG - Next Meeting

Richard wylug-discuss at wylug.org.uk
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 19:27:27 +0100

          Sheffield Linux Users Group  (ShefLUG)

  =20
            12 pm  Saturday 4th November 2000
                    finish at 4 p.m.

     =20
           ShefLUG Venue: Blackwell's Bookshop
                          West Street
                          Sheffield S1 3ST

     for the location of Blackwell's bookshop see
             http://www.streetmap.co.uk
you need to dial in the postcode which is S1 3ST. For
 information about trams, trains and buses phone 01709=20
515151.

Starting at 1 p.m. Perry Trabas will give a talk about
 the Indonesian internet and his involvement with it. After
 his talk you will be able to ask questions and listen to
 any funny stories that anyone might want to mention or=20
relate to.

After Perry's talk Simon Cozens will give a talk about Perl.
So, you know what Perl is? But do you know how it works?
Simon Cozens provides an introduction to the fabled Perl 5
internals: what Perl does with your program code and how=20
the interpreter operates.  We'll also look at how to get=20
involved in Perl development, and what's going on with the
 Perl 6 project. =20

Simon is the author of a book recently published by Wrox
Press.  This is Beginning Perl.  ISBN 1-861003-14-5.  See
our Wrox book review pages to read the review.

This meeting is well worth attending . There will be a=20
question and answer session just after the meeting. =20
 We may also go for a few drinks later on. =20

 Any suggestions or questions about this are welcome please
 send them to our discussion list.   To subscribe to our=20
discussion list please see the joining instructions in the
 middle of our front page.  It's best to ask questions on
 our discussion list.=20

       For related information have a look at.......

       http://www.sheflug.co.uk/meeting.html

Thank  you

Richard

Sheffield Linux
User's Group

http://www.sheflug.co.uk

    GNU the choice of a complete generation.