[Wylug-announce] Next Meeting - Monday 14th April 2003

Jim Jackson jj at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 17:04:31 +0100 (BST)

Greetings All,

Another big turn out last meeting. Many thanks to Geoff, Rik, Nik, Tom and
Chris. Quite a caste - who says we don't give value for money :-)

The meeting on Monday has Mark Conmy giving the introductory talk "Finding
Your Way Around the System: Filesystems, Hardrives, CDs, Floppies", James
Holden is doing the Hardware slot covering getting USB working, and
finally we have David Holder talking about Sendmail. David hopes to cover
basic Sendmail Configuration, with an introduction to Advanced Sendmail
Security using TLS and SASL.

Again a very full meeting. I'll try and make sure we finish at 9 p.m.
so that we can enjoy an informal chat at the Victoria Pub.

See you all on Monday

cheers
Jim

                West Yorkshire Linux Users Group  (WYLUG)

             Meetings are free and open to anyone to attend.
                          ----             ------

                           Monday 14th April 2003

                        6 pm for Tea/Coffee and chat
                          7 pm prompt for speakers

                     Finding Your Way Around the System:
                    Filesystems, Hardrives, CDs, Floppies
                       Mark Conmy, School of Computing
                             University of Leeds

                                Hardware: USB
                                James Holden

                         Question and Answer Session

                      8:00 p.m. (ish) Mid-Meeting Break

                                   Sendmail
                 Basic Configuration, with an introduction to
                 Advanced Sendmail Security using TLS and SASL
                                Dr David Holder
                                  Erion Ltd

        WYLUG Venue:  Active Learning Lab.,  (Level 9, near staircase 2)
                      E.C. Stoner Building   (aka Physics/Admin)
                      University of Leeds
                      Woodhouse Lane
                      Leeds UK

             for location of Leeds University & Campus Map see
                http://www.leeds.ac.uk/visitors/directions.htm
                http://www.leeds.ac.uk/campus/physa-1.html
                http://www.leeds.ac.uk/campus_map/campus.htm

      Informal Discussions Continue after the meeting at the Victoria Pub
              on Great George St. at the back of the Town Hall.

WYLUG - West Yorkshire Linux User Group
http://www.wylug.org.uk             email lists: http://list.wylug.org.uk