[Wylug-announce] [Wylug-discuss] UK free software conference

Jim Jackson jj at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Thu, 8 May 2003 12:12:32 +0100 (BST)

from Simon.......

To all WYLuger's,

As you may be aware there is the 'Association for Free Software'
Conference next Saturday (19th May) at Aston University, Birmingham. See
below for full details, (basically you need to be a member, which is £10
and the conference is free but requires booking).

They are emailing conference 'tickets' so are able to accept booking for a
little longer, but sooner would be better.

I suggest that those who want to go either travel on mass via train (or
coach), or car share.

Suggested trains from Leeds would be
Outward	7.13 from Leeds, arrive New Street Birmingham 9.39 + short walk (12min)
Return	18.30 from Newstreet, arrive Leeds 20:36.

Prices - £18.50 if you book now (subject to availability) and £36.70 on the day.

I'll bring a sign up sheet to Monday's meeting for the travelling, but
it's up to you join AFFS yourself and register for the conference.

Simon Wood.