[Wylug-announce] Linux 2004 conference: keysigning, open sessions etc. (fwd)

Jim Jackson jj at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Mon Aug 2 09:20:08 BST 2004

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 23:33:26 +0100
From: Alasdair G Kergon <lists-wylug at ox.compsoc.net>
To: wylug-discuss at wylug.org.uk
Cc: agk at ukuug.org
Subject: [Wylug-discuss] Linux 2004 conference: keysigning, open sessions etc.

On Sat, Jul 24, 2004 at 04:01:44PM +0100, Alasdair G Kergon wrote:
> We're holding a keysigning during Linux2004, provisionally
> scheduled for 6pm on Friday 6th August at Leeds University
> (Medical Teaching Centre).

Now timed for 18:30 Friday, preceded by an introduction/explanation of GPG
and keysigning at 17:30 and a discussion of the FIPR at 18:10.
You don't need to pre-register or pay anything to attend that
stream + keysigning (17:30-19:00).

> The plan is to go for a meal
> afterwards (starting 7.30-8pm) but details are not yet
> finalised.  I'll send another message when they are.

That bit's still true:-(

You're also welcome to attend the (small) exhibition on the Friday
afternoon or Saturday during conference hours free-of-charge [details
will go on web soon: from memory, large selection of O'Reilly books on
sale at a discount, SuSE, PePLink, Debian, Linux Emporium].

And the Sunday afternoon sessions are also open free-of-charge (14:00
onwards).

   http://www.ukuug.org/events/linux2004/timetable
   http://www.leeds.ac.uk/mtc/Directions/

You can still register for the conference proper on the door;
there are special rates available there if you're only attending
for a short time [1 talk/1 session/0.5 day/1 day] - contact me
(agk at ukuug.org) if you want specific details in advance.

Alasdair
agk at ukuug.org