[Wylug-announce] Linux 2004 conference: keysigning, open sessions etc. (fwd)

Alasdair G Kergon agk at ukuug.org
Tue Aug 3 14:15:01 BST 2004

> > The plan is to go for a meal
> > afterwards (starting 7.30-8pm) but details are not yet
> > finalised.  I'll send another message when they are.

OK, we're going to Maxi's Chinese restaurant, starting 7.30-8pm
on Friday evening.

Tickets cost GBP 20 per head.  Ideally they should be paid for and
collected from the conference registration desk on Thursday or Friday,
but if necessary you can pay for them when you arrive at the restaurant.
(Tickets can be paid for by credit card, but we would prefer you to use
cash as it's a lot quicker.)

To reserve a ticket you need to email office at ukuug.org or phone 01763 273 475
ASAP giving:
   Name:
   Number of tickets:
   Contact email address:
   Contact phone number:
   Where you'll collect tickets: conference registration desk or restaurant

> afternoon or Saturday during conference hours free-of-charge [details
> will go on web soon: from memory, large selection of O'Reilly books on
> sale at a discount, SuSE, PePLink, Debian, Linux Emporium].

The discount on O'Reilly books will be 30%.

> And the Sunday afternoon sessions are also open free-of-charge (14:00
> onwards).
>
>    http://www.ukuug.org/events/linux2004/timetable
>    http://www.leeds.ac.uk/mtc/Directions/
>
> You can still register for the conference proper on the door;
> there are special rates available there if you're only attending
> for a short time [1 talk/1 session/0.5 day/1 day] - contact me
> (agk at ukuug.org) if you want specific details in advance.

Alasdair