[Wylug-announce] WYLUG 7th Birthday Meeting - Mon December 13th

Jim Jackson jj at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Thu Dec 2 11:33:44 GMT 2004

Hi everyone this is advance notice of our 7th Birthday meeting
on 13th December at the usual location, with the meal at Brio's
afterwards, that Rob is organising.

THE MEETING WILL START AT 6:30pm with coffee/tea at 6:00pm

"State of the Linux Nation" Address
-----------------------------------

We try to have speakers on Linux proper (the Kernel) at the birthday
meetings, and this year we have have a stunning line up:

 Stephen Tweedie  &  Alan Cox

The Development process for the Linux kernel is undergoing quite radical
change. The Linux project is maturing and the pressures are changing.
Our speakers are Key UK Linux people who should through considerable light
on these matters. It promises to be an excellant evening.

Birthday Dinner

Can I PLEASE urge people to book with Rob for the dinner - extra places on
the night might be non-existant.

The Meal is booked for 8:30pm