[Wylug-announce] Request for Sponsors WYLUG 7th Birthday Meeting

Jim Jackson jj at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Thu Dec 2 17:05:26 GMT 2004

[I apologise for the number of emails to wylug-announce recently, however
 I do want this begging letter to get to the widest audience]

A few hours ago I sent out the pre-announcement for our 7th Birthday meeting
with Stephen Tweedie  &  Alan Cox.

You may not know WYLUG has no money in its own right. We are a completely
volunteer effort and we rely on sponsorship in kind from: the School of
Computing & the University of Leeds for the monthly meeting space, and the
webspace; from the Exim development people for the mail lists support;
from all our monthly speakers for donating their time and effort and
expertise.

Occasionally we seek sponsorship for special events and boy could this is
one such event. We need to cover the overnight accommodation, and maybe
travel costs for our 2 speakers. If there are companies out there willing
to make a small donation towards this meeting's costs then please make
contact with me direct to discuss the matter.

Jim Jackson

Senior Comms Engineer.            Fax 0113 3435468  Tel 0113 3436794
School of Computing,  The University of Leeds,  Leeds,  LS2 9JT,  UK