[Wylug-announce] Yorkshire & Humberside unite for install day!

Spiros Kapetanakis spiros at cs.york.ac.uk
Thu Nov 25 14:50:34 GMT 2004

Hi there folks,

I'm writing to you to announce that the York linux Users group is
organising a Linux install day on the 11th of December 2004. There will
also be talks on the 10th of December and a lunch time support meeting
on the 12th.

There is a webpage made specifically for this event at:

http://www.york.lug.org.uk/installday2004/

and a wiki exists for further information at:

http://www.tuxx.homelinux.org/ylug/index.php?page=Home

We need support of any kind. Also, if you know of someone who may want
to buy a cheap PC running Linux, we will be selling a couple on install
day to cover expenses. There will be lots of things on show and lots of
items such as books on sale for nominal prices with all proceeds going
towards the install weekend expenses.

If you'd like to publicise the event, you can get install weekend
posters from:

http://www.tuxx.homelinux.org/ylug/index.php?page=Publicity

Thank you all for your help, we hope to see you here in December!

Spiros
representing the YLUG