[Wylug-announce] Next Meeting - Monday 10th October 2005

Jim Jackson jj at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Thu Oct 6 10:16:06 BST 2005

Greetings All,

Thanks to Paul for the QEMU talk. Very interesting and generated much
discussion.

Unfortunately Coraid did not come to Linux Expo, so aren't in the UK, so
have cancelled there visit to WYLUG.

However, WYLUGers have come to the rescue and we have 3 short(-sh) talks
from WYLUG members (see below), who have bravely stepped into the breach.

Dave Fisher is organising the November meeting, details later.

I've had one response to my plea for a Kernel speaker/contact for the
December meeting - can I ask again? Any ideas gratefully received.

See you monday
Jim

                 West Yorkshire Linux Users Group  (WYLUG)
              Meetings are free and open to anyone to attend.
                           ----             ------

                         Monday 10th October 2005

                      6:30 pm for Tea/Coffee and chat
                          7 pm prompt for meeting

                              DTP and scribus
                              ---------------
                                 Steve Kirk

                Analogue video to DVD without a studio suite
                                Anne Wilson

                   Using Websites in theatre management
                   ------------------------------------
                             Nigel Metheringham

           WYLUG Venue:  Active Learning Lab.,  (Level 9, near staircase 2)
                         E.C. Stoner Building   (aka Physics/Admin)
                         University of Leeds
                         Woodhouse Lane
                         Leeds UK

                for location of meetings please see
                    http://www.wylug.org.uk/meetings.html

       "Informal" Discussions Continue after the meeting at the Victoria Pub
        on Great George St. at the back of the Town Hall - Everyone Welcome