[Wylug-announce] Next Meeting 10 April 2006

Adam Greenwood adam at greenwood-peace.org.uk
Thu Apr 6 22:18:07 BST 2006

The UNIX Tips talk is probably self explanatory (I changed my mind about
the title, though I may mention a few traps "a friend of mine" has
fallen into as I go along), but I hope people will find that it's not
just obvious things but some nuggets which people don't always seem to
know. It's a scattered selection rather than any kind of general
discussion of the command line. There are 10 or so basic Shell ones, 10
more advanced shell ones (probably good for anyone who does occasional
scripting or is just getting into it), and depending on time some
general admin ones. Some are specific, some are a bit more general and
give the opportunity to discuss some interesting things about the UNIX
shell.

As all I really need is a bash prompt and don't have a laptop (an attic
full of servers is more my style :), I was hoping to be able to use one
of the other speaker's, if someone would be kind enough?

Cheers,

Adam