[Wylug-announce] Next Meeting: Monday 8th May, 7.00 pm, Stoner Building, Leeds Uni

Dave Fisher davef at davefisher.co.uk
Sat May 6 17:32:47 BST 2006

Dear All,

Sorry for the late notice, but I've been waiting for definitive responses from
various people who have offered to talk.

I'm still waiting to hear from most of those concerned, but I thought that I
should send out this mail to confirm that there will actually be a meeting on
Monday 8th May.

As usual we will be meeting in Leeds University's Stoner Building at 7.00 pm,
and the room will be open from 6.30 pm for coffee, tea, biscuits and chat.

Also as usual, we'll be heading on down to the Victoria pub (directly behind
Leeds Town Hall) somewhere between 8.30 and 9.00 pm.  If you can't get to the
meeting, there's nothing wrong with popping for a pint and a chat later on.

Talks that have previously been offered for this month include:

  Wireless Networking
  Asynchronous HTTP (or 'AJAX Without the X')
  Building A Geographic Information System  - Phil Driscol
  VOIP (part 2) - Adam Linford
  Shell Tips and Traps (part 2)

I have heard from Adam Linford, who will probably be unable to attend, so that talk will have to be postponed.

Phil Driscol _will__ definitely be attending and talking, if required.

I am not yet, sure about the others.

Dave