[Wylug-announce] VENUE CHANGE - Next social: Sunday 21 October 2007

Louisa Parry louisa at louisaparry.co.uk
Mon Oct 15 18:21:44 BST 2007

Hi all,

Sorry about this but it looks like we're going to have to change the
venue for this weekend's social - Smylers informed me (and a phone call
verified) that the Victoria doesn't open on Sundays.  Given we've got
such a 24/7 (or at least 11am-11pm/7 days a week) culture these days, it
didn't even occur to me to check - pubs are just ALWAYS open as far as
I'm concerned ;)

Anyway, after a bit of back and forthing, we've decided on the
Scarbrough Hotel instead.  Still kicking off at 6pm for the Sunday
"lunch"ers and 7pm for those who don't want to watch us eating pub
grub :)

If you've not frequented the Scarbrough Hotel (aka the Scabby Taps)
before, it's very near the train station so convenient for public
transport. ( http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&geocode=&q=LS1+5DY )

Like the Victoria, it's pretty good for real ales and I believe it does
teas & coffees as well as the usual soft drinks range.

Hope to see you there - and rest assured, I'll call ahead to check out
for venue before planning the next social ;)

-Louisa :)