[Wylug-discuss] VCD creation - wrong aspect ratio.

Simon Wood Simon.Wood at pace.co.uk
Thu Jun 26 12:42:04 BST 2003

Hi all,
I've ripped/encoded/burnt a VCD with a 16:9 aspect ratio and all is happy until Linux (VLC and Xine). However if I play the VCD on a cheapo hardware play, or with a Windows application, the picture is shown as 4:3 ratio - resulting in tall thin people.

I used Kino to grab/edit/output mpeg stream and mkvcdfs to build the VCD image.

Any suggestions as to what I might have missed to get the aspect ratio right?

Simon.