[Wylug-discuss] Speakers for meetings in 2004!

Martyn Ranyard martyn at syn.co.uk
Thu Nov 27 10:22:05 GMT 2003

Quoting Paul Grenyer <paul at paulgrenyer.co.uk>:

> Hi
>
> > Hmm... could probably do something on basic networking although the
> > problem would be deciding what to cover.  How about mail config -
> > combination of exim4, exiscan, spamassassin and a virus scanner?
> >
> > Does that appeal?
>
> Yes - big time!
>
> I'd be interested in learning how to set-up Postfix and Spam Assasin
> and how to get Evolution and Outlook Express to connect to it from
> remote machines.

Not wanting to compeat for the same talk, but I already have this particular one
made.  With Postfix, spamassasin and clamAV - I presented at DNSCon this year
(particularly uselessly - I tried a live demo - and would like to retry!).  I
don't know exim, but postfix is just lovely for this kind of thing, and easier
to set up than any other MTA I've ever had to use.

> At home I have a number of different machines I use. All of them access
> my email via POP3, but only one of them actually removes the mail from
> the POP3 server. I'd like to set my system up so that Postfix removes
> my mail from the POP3 server and I can then use any of the email
> clients to connect to postfix to actually read my email.

Secure IMAP - that's the way to go for multi-location checking, and I don't mind
adding that as a section to the talk.

--
Martyn Ranyard
Development Manager