[Wylug-discuss] Mailservers et al.

Paul Grenyer paul at paulgrenyer.co.uk
Thu Nov 27 10:24:25 GMT 2003

Hi

> > I'd be interested in learning how to set-up Postfix and Spam Assasin
> > and how to get Evolution and Outlook Express to connect to it from
> > remote machines.
> >
> > At home I have a number of different machines I use. All of them
access
> > my email via POP3, but only one of them actually removes the mail
from
> > the POP3 server. I'd like to set my system up so that Postfix
removes
> > my mail from the POP3 server and I can then use any of the email
> > clients to connect to postfix to actually read my email.
>
> Off-topic from the speeches thread, but why don't you just have imap
> access on your mail server?

I'm sure there are a number of methods I could use. The sort of set-up
I describe above is on my list of things to do and I haven't really
looked into it in detail yet. I will have a look at your suggestion,
though.

Regards
Paul

Please note the change of email address!

Paul Grenyer
Email: paul at paulgrenyer.co.uk
Web: www.paulgrenyer.co.uk