[Wylug-discuss] Next ShefLUG Meeting

Richard Ibbotson richard at sheflug.co.uk
Fri Sep 26 14:53:34 BST 2003

Hi

Just got back from Sheffield Hallam University - www.shu.ac.uk - where
I was making sure that next week's Linux in space lecture will go over
without a hitch.

If any of you haven't yet got any tickets from Pat Brunskill for this
you can phone her at 0114 225 4888 or send mail to
p.brunskill at shu.ac.uk.  Entrance and tickets are free. No ticket
equals you ain't gettin in.

So far we've sent out about 100 tickets. We've got room for 150 more
people.  Please feel free to come along to room 6620 in the Adsetts
centre on the 2nd of October if you have time.  The lecture theatre is
just across the road from the Crucible Theatre and Sheffield Midland
station is almost across the road as well.  All you have to do is
walk in off the street.  Anyone who is interested in GNU/Linux should
try to get along to this.  Prof Stakem has only ever given one other
lecture of this sort and that was in Brazil.  We are very privileged
to have him travel to the UK from the States to give a talk for us.

LUG meeting is on the 4th of October.  It's at Sheffield Hallam
University.  Stoddart building Room 7328.  1p.m. to 5.p.m.  So, we
hope you can make it to that one.  I'm hoping to have time to do a
simple Samba presentation about how to configure it and use it.

Thanks

Richard
www.sheflug.org