[Wylug-discuss] Light Computers

James Holden (Wylug) wylug at jamesholden.net
Tue Sep 30 10:57:37 BST 2003

Morning all...

Just had a (semi) bad experience with Light Computers on Meanwood Road.

It seems that they charge a 15% restocking surcharge if you try to
return something because it's not supported by Linux.

Fortunately, I hadn't already bought the item I was after before finding
this out. I tried to reason that if it didn't work with Linux, then it
should be returnable as unfit for it's purpose as long as you tell them
when you buy it, but if you do that they won't sell it to you!

FWIW, I've never had a problem taking stuff back to CCL that hasn't
worked with Linux.

Maybe Light are one to avoid in cases like this until they change their
policy.

James

(Note to Light Computers: Maybe you could look into this? You could have
had a sale here.)