[Wylug-discuss] PCWORLD Linux viruses ?

Shaun Laughey shaun.laughey at pyr2.com
Thu Apr 22 22:42:26 BST 2004

fluffy at fluffybacon.co.uk wrote:

>>On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, Richard Allan Waite wrote:
>>

>>>my laptop died and i returned to to PCWorld for repair as the keybord
>>>had stop working
>>>i just recived a phone call saying my laptop is back and had all the
>>>virii removed off it
>>>

>I've heard of this before, they regard Linux as a virus.
>
>Ciaran.

They wiped the drive?
Surely thats a case of negligence. I guess you had my only copy of the
cure for cancer/war/poverty* on that hard drive. Not to mention the
other hundreds of people who subscribe to this list who must have asked
you to save something for them.
Woo hoo free money for us.
Higher prices and insurance premiums for everyone as a result.

Yours irresponsibly,
Shaun Laughey.

* our poverty