[Wylug-discuss] not eggxactly phishing

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at dev.InTechnology.co.uk
Tue Apr 27 11:47:10 BST 2004

I should have expanded on my last message.

The message I got from Egg, sent out by their spam house Experian (thats
the company that mismanages data on your credit history), contains the
following paragraph:-

        We would also like to let you know that we'll shortly be in
        touch to make sure that all the details we hold for you are up
        to date.

This gives the expectation that the next message will have
        We need to confirm your details are up to date.  Click this link
        and confirm your details.

Are they utterly clueless???  WHat a bunch of complete idiots.

Any internet finance service (or other service handling sensitive data)
should be teaching their customers to not click on links in emails and
enter data - or worse fill in forms within emails.

The URL forms they use make this even worse.

Frankly we should be seeing resignations at Egg about this because
several people there are too incompetent to be trusted.

	Nigel.