[Wylug-discuss] best sig ever

Jim Jackson jj at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Tue Aug 24 09:11:27 BST 2004

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004, that guy wrote:

> Windows 9x, NT & 2K is a 32 bit extension and a graphical shell for a 16
> bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit
> microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company, that can't stand 1 bit of
> competition.

:-) It's actually pretty old. I believe it originated as just "Windows",
in the early 90's by one of the stalwarts on the comp.os.cpm newsgroup!

To be fair, only Windows 3.1, 95, 98 and ME fit the bill - they are least
tried a rewrite with NT/200X/XP whatever one might think of the
engineering quality. Also it's poetic license about "originally coded for
a 4 bit micro", but the rest stand up well.