[Wylug-discuss] Possible contribution to The Community

Smylers Smylers at stripey.com
Sun Feb 15 13:42:07 GMT 2004

roger writes:

> I must admit I'm rather over-awed by what I've found on sourceforge
> and freshmeat, but the fact remains that when I tried to find what I
> needed, I couldn't.  My composition really ain't that clever, but if
> anyone has the same need (a simple, graphic-to-PHPfont re-formatter)
> it is hard to find amongst existing stuff.

Sorry to come in so late on this one, but if your code is intended to be
used from other PHP scripts (rather than being a standalone utility
which just happens to be written in PHP) then Pear is the 'official'
place to put it, and possibly the place where PHP coders are most likely
to find it:

  http://pear.php.net/

> I can't be that weird, can I?  <grin - and don't answer!>

Well, I'd just've had plain navigation arrows as pngs, done the links as
ordinary text, then used CSS to style the text and put the arrows on as
backgrounds ...

Smylers