[Wylug-discuss] Linux 'eyetoy' style projects?

Duncan Entwisle family.entwisle at btinternet.com
Tue Feb 24 11:38:58 GMT 2004

Does anyone know of any open-source projects that use a webcam for user
interaction? Specifically in the manner of the Playstation-2's EyeToy,
or Mac OS X's ToySight?

I've looked at webcams under both Windows & Linux, and they all seem to
have a noticeable lag between the real-world and what's displayed on
the screen.  Is that because of the applcation software, the operating
system, or is it inherent in USB webcams (and EyeToy is special)?

My web searches haven't brought anything useful up yet - but I'm
probably searching for the wrong things.

Thanks for any information (or ideas) you may have about this,
Duncan.