[Wylug-discuss] Mulitilink PPP with ADSL on Linux

Steve King steve at kingsteve.co.uk
Sun Feb 29 10:23:59 GMT 2004

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004, Edward Chapman wrote:

> For anyone interested in 'bonding' ADSL connections to get a higher
> upsteam (perhaps for  a server) and downstream speed using multilink PPP,
> I've recently set this up with ISP Nildram with two ADSL lines and it
> works very well.
>
> I've written it up here
>
> http://www.freestuffjunction.co.uk/bondedadsl.shtml

Using /two/ alcatel usb things? Gah! That sounds horrid! The ISP we use
at work offers us a 4 meg adsl connection by bonding two 2 meg adsl
links, and they include a box to do the trickery iirc.  I've tried using
squid to round robin requests between our two connections, but this
works really badly if one connection filters different URLs to the
other!

If anyone wants to try though this I do have two usb things doing nothing...

Steve (an ex alcatel usb thing user)