[Wylug-discuss] Cups -aarrrggggg!!!!!!!

ALLEN, David David.ALLEN at eur.crowncork.com
Thu Jan 15 14:18:42 GMT 2004

Thanks for your comments. You are obviously also a member of the cups
mailing list as well!

As far a I can see, the line '-sDeviceModel=hp color LaserJet' is from the
ppd file for the printer.

Does cups/hpijs query the printer before sending the job, which is why I am
getting the "**** Unable to open the initial device" message?

If this is the case, have you have any idea how can I find the "name" of the
printer. I would have thought who ever created the original ppd would have
got it correct?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

David