[Wylug-discuss] Natwest online banking

Martin Rowe linux at dbg400.net
Thu Jan 15 18:32:06 GMT 2004

On Thursday 15 January 2004 17:07, Lanfranco Gandolfo wrote:
> Hallo everybody,
> is anybody else in the same situation as I am, not capable of doing
> their online banking with Natwest, because they insist on IE?
> I used to solve the problem with Crossover, but now it doesn't work any
> longer, I have tried almost everything.

Lanfranco

Unless things have changed very recently, you can use Netscape 4.7x to
access Natwest online. It's obviously not a 'free as in speech' browser,
but it is available for Linux and is listed as a supported browser. I
could get most things to work with Konqueror spoofing IE, but some
javascript oddities meant it couldn't be used for everything so I had to
stick with Netscape. Now we've switched to the Halifax, and their site
works fine with Mozilla, so I'm happy.

Regards, Martin
--
martin at dbg400.net  AIM/Gaim: DBG400dotNet  http://www.dbg400.net   /"\
DBG/400 - AS/400 & iSeries Open Source/Free Software utilities     \ /