[Wylug-discuss] Natwest online banking

Robert Wood rob at rnwood.co.uk
Thu Jan 15 22:35:39 GMT 2004

Hello everybody! (This is my first post to a wylug list, I'm hoping to
show up maybe at the next meet...)

On Thu, 2004-01-15 at 17:07, Lanfranco Gandolfo wrote:
> is anybody else in the same situation as I am, not capable of doing
> their online banking with Natwest, because they insist on IE?

I have been in the past! Also until recently several others sites (Argos
et al) were insisting on IE too.

I can't vouch for it working with the Natwest site but you could try
this addon for Mozilla which allows you to quickly switch the User-Agent
header the browser sends with each request:

     http://chrispederick.myacen.com/work/firebird/useragentswitcher/

It would be interesting to know exactly why Natwest are insisting on IE.
Do they really think because Mozilla/Konqueror are open-source anybody
who wants to could slip in extra Root CA certificates etc?

Rob

--
Robert Wood <rob at rnwood.co.uk>
http://www.rnwood.co.uk/