[Wylug-discuss] RE: CUPS -aarrrgggg + hp-ijs

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Fri Jan 23 14:51:01 GMT 2004

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004, Dave Fisher wrote:

> Unfortunately through a mixture of frustration and lazinesss, I've never
> got round to fixing my one outstanding problem: the bottom/left
> (portrait/landscape) margin gets cut off when I try to print close to
> the edges of a4 paper, e.g. test pages or 2-up pages produced by a2ps.
>
> linuxprinting.org has one of those oh-so-helpful FAQs which identifies
> this problem, but provides no answer or explanation of any kind:
>
>   http://www.linuxprinting.org/hp-faq.html#q_40_4
>
> I am guessing that the printer is trying to print outside of the
> printable area on this one side (the trailing edge as the sheet is fed
> in).  Is this a likely explanation?

As a cups user, but not by any means guru, can't you just edit the PPD, and
change the values in the ImageableArea section:

-cut from mine-

*DefaultImageableArea: A4
*ImageableArea Letter:                  "13 13 599 779"
*ImageableArea Legal:                   "13 13 599 995"
*ImageableArea B5:                      "13 13 505 715"
*ImageableArea A4:                      "10 13 588 829"

jh
--
"All publicity is good, except an obituary notice."  -- Brendan Behan