[Wylug-discuss] Openbrick, storever - Has anyone used these?

Aaron Crane wylug at aaroncrane.co.uk
Wed Jul 21 09:29:19 BST 2004

Martyn writes:
> VIA Sereniti Case (£45) - mini-itx.com*

Watch out for those cases -- the PSU has a minimum power load.  At GBdirect,
we had a box with that case, the fanless EPIA 5000 board, and nothing else,
net-booting as an X terminal.  But it wouldn't stay up for more than a
couple of minutes (or a few seconds once X started).  We 'fixed' the problem
by hooking an old hard drive up to the power supply (but not the IDE
connector).

I also don't recommend mini-itx.com -- they just didn't have a clue about
what the problem was, and their customer service in the returns process left
a lot to be desired.  GBdirect bought its next batch of mini-ITX kit from
http://linitx.com, who seemed a lot more clueful to me.

--
Aaron Crane