[Wylug-discuss] Gnome 2.6. Mime Type Icon Woes

Dave Fisher davef at gbdirect.co.uk
Sun Jun 20 22:04:09 BST 2004

On Sun, Jun 20, 2004 at 07:13:40PM +0100, Roger Leigh wrote:
> > No, I take that uncertainty back.  Debian's Gnome 2.6 is well and truly
> > shagged.
>
> Are you tracking testing or unstable?

tracking testing, but with the odd package from unstable. Not ideal,
but easier for me than committing to permanently tracking unstable.

> The Debian GNOME 2.6 transition is not yet complete.  GTK+ 2.4 only
> went in a week or so ago, and the various GNOME components have been
> trickling in since then.  I'd give it a chance to finish.  (I've not
> noticed any problems myself, but then I don't use anything except
> gnome-terminal and Galeon.)

No worries Roger.  I assumed that the problem was only likely to be
temporary.  I was merely expressing a little frustration with the
release of so many interdependent packages, without finishing the job
properly.  I have experienced enough of this in the past to know that
the guys will eventually get it right.

Dave