[Wylug-discuss] server based /home

Richard Waite Richard at matrixmonkey.org.uk
Sat Mar 13 16:57:17 GMT 2004

Hi
I had an idea the other day while at work but not sure how to go about
setting it up so, So I thought I'd ask for just some pointers

I have 3 Machines
*Diablo  / Router, Webserver, Mail Server
		Debian Woody
*Mobile  / laptop
		Gentoo Kernel 2.6  ~ Wireless connection
*Juno	 / Desk-top
		Gentoo Kernel 2.6  ~ hard wired to network

I would like to store all the /home data on *Diablo*
and so when I log on using Mobile(laptop) i get to see my /home and all
the settings and documents are the same as when i log on wit my desktop

thats the easy part
the bit i  can't seam to work out is how to keep a local copy of the
/home on each machine (mobile,juno) so when away from the network or
when the network is down the files can be still accessed localy
but when reconected to network is "sync's" the files so every thing is
update to latest

Many Thanks in advance
Richard