[Wylug-discuss] server based /home

Paul Grenyer paul at paulgrenyer.co.uk
Sat Mar 13 21:05:26 GMT 2004

Hi

> I would like to store all the /home data on *Diablo*
> and so when I log on using Mobile(laptop) i get to see my /home and all
> the settings and documents are the same as when i log on wit my desktop
>
> thats the easy part
> the bit i  can't seam to work out is how to keep a local copy of the
> /home on each machine (mobile,juno) so when away from the network or
> when the network is down the files can be still accessed localy
> but when reconected to network is "sync's" the files so every thing is
> update to latest

IIRC there was an article in either Linux Format or Linux Magazine sometime
over the last 18 months that described how to do this.

I'm on my way out for a night in Leeds, but I'll try and remember to have a
look through tomorrow.

Regards
Paul

Paul Grenyer
Email: paul at paulgrenyer.co.uk
Web: http://www.paulgrenyer.co.uk

Have you met Aeryn: http://www.paulgrenyer.co.uk/aeryn/?
Version 0.3.0 beta now ready for download