[Wylug-discuss] What Do you Call your Machine??

Robert Wood rob at rnwood.co.uk
Sat Mar 13 22:03:02 GMT 2004

On Saturday March 13 2004 21:22, James Holden (WYLUG) wrote:
> Mine have crappy names, mostly based on what's written on the front:
>> (massive list of bad names)

Wow thats quite a collection. With that lot on your electricity bill should be
through the roof!?

Mine names are nearly as uninspired:
"ultra" - my (ultra-SPARC) Sunblade 1000
"super" - my x86 workstation
"aspire" - acer aspire laptop

At Sun down in Surrey we had a theme for our production servers; lift
manufacturers "thyssen", "otis", "stannah", "kone" etc. Someone must have
been struggling when they came up with those.

Anyone with worse names?

Rob

--
Robert Wood <rob at rnwood.co.uk>