[Wylug-discuss] What Do you Call your Machine??

Smylers Smylers at stripey.com
Sun Mar 14 13:00:44 GMT 2004

RichardA writes:

> On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 17:01:33 +0000, Richard Waite
> <Richard at matrixmonkey.org.uk> wrote:
>
> > What Do you call your machine?
>
> I name mine for Serbian rivers. All five letters, all starting with a
> 'D' (so that they look neat in a list). For instance: Drava, Drina,
> Dunav...
>
> Doesn't everyone?

No!  A naming scheme like that severely reduces the ability to
Tab-complete computer names when using ssh and scp and so on.  My
compyters have names starting with different letters of the alphabet,
and that's something I'm planning on continuing doing (and, no, I can't
foresee myself getting to having 27 of the things).

Smylers