[Wylug-discuss] Uptimes

Jim Jackson jj at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Wed Mar 24 16:08:17 GMT 2004

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004, Jon Stockill wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Mar 2004, James Holden wrote:

> > All,
> >
> > Does Jim still hold the uptime record, with his SBC? Anyone else got any
> > impressive uptimes at the moment? Best I've got is 203 days, 15:58 hours.
>
> 35 days, 23:46

15:58 jj at mercury:~> uptime
  3:58pm  up 164 days, 15:51,  1 user,  load average: 0.08, 0.02, 0.01

after one roll over to 0 - nigel reckoned there could be problems after
the jiffy rollover, but not noticed any yet. The rollo ver is after
497.102.. days if your jiffies are 10millisecs (100Hz). So my little SBC
has been running 661+ days.

> Doesn't look too impressive, but it actually rolled over back to 0 at some
> point after 500 days. It's survived a couple of power cuts, and one
> swapped electricity meter too.

Now I am impressed - I've survived a couple of brown outs that dipped the
lights, but nothing like that - you got an UPS on that? Anyway mine's
going down at easter. I'm changing some of the hardware. I should upgrade
the kernel after all that time !!