[Wylug-discuss] Uptimes

Jon Stockill jon at stockill.org.uk
Wed Mar 24 17:36:46 GMT 2004

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004, Jim Jackson wrote:

> after one roll over to 0 - nigel reckoned there could be problems after
> the jiffy rollover, but not noticed any yet. The rollo ver is after
> 497.102.. days if your jiffies are 10millisecs (100Hz). So my little SBC
> has been running 661+ days.

Nice.

What a lovely stable operating system we use ;-)

> Now I am impressed - I've survived a couple of brown outs that dipped the
> lights, but nothing like that - you got an UPS on that? Anyway mine's
> going down at easter. I'm changing some of the hardware. I should upgrade
> the kernel after all that time !!

Yes, it's on a 2.2KVA UPS which is running a firewall and a server box,
and looks to have a runtime of about an hour - the longest the power has
been off is about 40 minutes, and the shortest outage was for the meter
swap (they swapped a big black electricity meter with the spinny disk for
a little white plastic thing that looks like a central heating programmer
and has a flashing LED on - it flashes quite fast when I fire up the VAX
:-)

--
Jon Stockill
jon at stockill.org.uk